Our History

The Bailes-Polk Funeral Home began its history in the early 1900’s as the Goodman and Grooms Furniture Hardware and Undertaking. The funeral home operated on Main Street in Duncan until 1924 when not only the name changed but so did the location. In 1930 Guy Rangley purchased the Grooms portion of the funeral home and moved to the current day location at 910 West Oak and the name of the funeral home became Rangley-Goodman Funeral Home. In 1943 Mr. Rangley purchased all of the funeral home. In 1944 Pauline Rangley married John Holden and the Holdens assisted in the day to day operations of the funeral home. Later that year the name was changed to Rangley-Holden.

 

In 1955 a new era in the history of the funeral home began. This year Hardy Brooks purchased the funeral home. The Brooks family ran the funeral home for over 40 years and through this time there were many changes including changing the name to Brooks Funeral Home and the addition of a chapel to serve the Velma Community in 1964. As with any endeavor there were many struggles but most significant was a complete loss of the funeral home due to fire in 1985. Through all the years the Brooks family served the community and the Stephens County area in an honest, loving manor that we are proud to continue.

 

In 1996 Calvin and Billie Bailes along with Ladd and Shanna Polk and their families purchased the Brooks Funeral Home. The Bailes and Polk families have a long history in funeral service with over 70 years of combined experience in the funeral service industry. In 1999 the name of the funeral home was changed to Bailes-Polk Funeral Homes and we are proud to continue the cost conscious, honorable, loving service the community has come to expect. We are proud to offer many different types of services and merchandise for our families to choose from.

© Bailes Polk Funeral Home | Duncan, OK  |   Phone: (580) 255-5252 

Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer ConsultantsIntegrated with Osiris Funeral Home Software